Sunday, June 30, 2013

Taobao Package & Cosplay Progress

Hello my dear readership!

Today I want to review my package with 3 Cosplay wigs I ordered from Taobao and later I want to show you a bit of Cosplay Progress for various Cosplays :D


1.) Taobao: It was the first time I ordered something at Taobao and I ordered it together with 2 other people to save some costs for shipping and etc. I ordered 3 wigs for 3 different Cosplays this year and I also wanted to order a plushie, which unfortunately wasn't available. :(
The whole ordering and shipping process was a bit complicated and took some time (in fact a whole month), but in the end most of our wanted items arrived safe and in good condition. A BIG THANK YOU goes to Lisa (nevi), who managed the whole ordering and shipping process. Also: we ordered at "Taobao Spree", a shopping service which was great! The answers to our questions always came quick and the lady, who handled the process was always friendly and helpful.
I would say Taobao is nothing for you, if you want to have your items quick, but if you have some time you can order great wigs for great prices. The wigs I ordered cost all together around ~30
 Euro and with the whole shipping and services fees it cost ~70 Euro. If you take into consideration that one wig at Ebay costs ~20 or 30 Euro, than I can savely say that I definitely made a good choice by ordering at Taobao. Also: one wig I wanted to have, I just couldn't find for an acceptable price at ebay (unless I wanted to spend 50 Euro.)

So, now I want to give you an impression of the wigs I ordered and how I view the quality of it.
All of the wigs are uncut, so you can see how they arrived.


-dark brown wig:



The wig has a VERY good quality and super soft hair. It is also very easy to brush and no knots appear anywhere. The only thing  have to critize is, that you can't adjust the little hooks inside the wigs immidiately, because they are sewd together, so you have to cut a thread first to use them.




- dark blonde wig / ash-blonde wig:



 This wig also has a good quality and a beautiful colour. Of all the wigs I ordered this one I like the most because of its colour. Of course you have to be a bit more careful with brushing because of the locks, but the locks are quite easy to brush and the whole wig has thick hair.





- bright blonde Clip-on wig: 


This one is a special character-wig for my Shinku (Rozen Maiden) Cosplay. This one is the one I couldn't find anywhere for an okay price at Ebay, and that's the reason I wanted to order it at Taobao.
The basis wig is a short one with cute locks in the front. The Ponytails are quite heavy, because the are very thick, which is a good thing, so can't see the hairgrips inside. The Ponytails are also quite long, they almost reach my knees and I'm 1,72m tall. A smaller person should pay attention to that ;D The locks there are also very beautiful styled, but you have to be careful with brushing or you shouldn't brush them too often, because sometime they will lose their styling.


All in all I can say that I am pretty content with my new wigs. Taobao really has beautiful wigs with a good quality, but you also need patience for them to arrive.



2.) Cosplay Progress:

In the last blog entry I promised you to show you some progress of my Misato (NGE) Cosplay....well...that one was cancelled in the end 8"D sorry for that! but it will be finished sometime in the near future!

Instead of Misato I sewed my Arashi Kishu (X 1999) Cosplay for the NiSa-Con next weekend! It is just a simple school uniform, but payed attention to how it was sewed, because I wanted to have it as neat as possible. And I succeeded! :D It is one of the most neat Cosplay I have ever done :)



I also worked a bit on my Shinku (Rozen Maiden) Cosplay for the Connichi in September. Sadly I cannot sew the whole dress yet, because I still want to lose some weight 'til  then and if I would do the dress now, I would just look ridiculous XD
But I've done some of the smaller parts like the bloomers (which i absolutely love ♥) to wear under the dress and 2 little ribbons for her shoes :)







So, that's it for my entry. I hope you liked it!!
Have a nice weekend, minna-san! ♥

Your, Romy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment